Retailers are under pressure from customers and competition to deliver a personalized, value-added, omnichannel experience (Gartner, 2017 CIO Agenda: A Retail Perspective). Winning retailers must learn how to build and manage robust, trusted, enduring customer relationships to better serve customers and predict their needs. In this session, Scott McKinley, Retail Consultant at Okta, explains why identity is a foundational step to understanding your customers and delivering value that will enable you to earn and grow your share of the consumer’s wallet.
What will you learn?
• How Amazon is able to build the rich consumer profiles that allow them to predict the needs of customers and deliver consistent value and efficiency
• How retailers can use identity to build a robust view of the shopper across devices, transactions, categories, demos, and needs/interests
• How a proprietary consumer data asset can enable insight and optimization across marketing, personalization, and service
• How traditional retailers can leverage proximity, freshness, product experience, and community to increase engagement and loyalty
• The role of enterprise identity software in protecting consumer privacy, ensuring compliance, and lowering risk
Who are these insights for?
• Customer Experience and Engagement leaders responsible for building and managing CRM and Loyalty, mobile app, and personalization
• Consumer Insight leaders responsible for understanding customer attributes and segmentation, and predictive analytics
• Marketing leaders interested in improving marketing effectiveness, social and mobile advertising, customer journey, location data, and advertising ROI
• IT leaders responsible for data infrastructure, security, and IoT - both in and out of the store