Cannot start the Connect Video Meeting application
If you are getting an error message when you first try to start or join a GMDC*Connect video meeting that says "Cannot Start Application", or if your application stays in a "connecting" mode and times out to a "Network error, please try again" or "Can't connect to our service, please check your network connection and try again" -- a possible explanation is that your company has a firewall in place which is restricting you from accessing our video server.
Following are notes and information that your IT staff will need in order to whitelist the GMDC*Connect servers:
- Network Firewall
- Check your network connection by opening a browser and ensure that you can access http://zoom.us
- For network firewall settings, please allow UDP and TCP port 8801, 8802 and 8804 inbound and outbound for all outbound IP ranges.
- If we unable to connect via 8801, 8802 or 8804, we will use TCP port 443 SSL for all outbound IP ranges
- URL filter that is blocking access to zoom.us
- If you know what the firewall/URL filter is, please let us know via [email protected], and we will contact the vendor to update their categorization.
- You can also contact your IT admin to re-categorize zoom.us from new (parked domain) to a business website.
- Proxy server
- We also support HTTP proxy server. You may be prompted to enter the proxy settings on the client.
Others can’t see your video image?
- Make sure camera icon is not disabled
- Click on Settings
- Make sure your preferred camera is selected
Can’t hear other speakers or they can’t hear you?
- Make sure microphone icon is not muted
- Click on Audio
- Make sure your preferred speakers and microphone are selected
- Click on the test speakers and test microphone buttons to test