We are looking for a prolific and talented content creator to write, produce and proof various types of marketing materials that effectively represent and build awareness of the GMDC brand, products and services. This role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, and project management skills.
Digital Marketing and Message Development
- Design and deliver email campaigns, including the template designs, calls-to-action, and content based on targeted market segments and strategic objectives.
- Manage the company-wide communications calendar to effectively organize, track and analyze member and prospect outreach.
- Assist the Director of Research, Industry Insights & Communications with research to develop feature articles, blogs and whitepapers that provide thought leadership within the general merchandise and health, beauty and wellness retail industries.
- Manage a third-party agency in creating a detailed conference guide for members (includes aggregating, organizing and proofing content from internal teams).
- Use a best-practice approach by tracking click and open rates of previous emails with a keen eye to enhance future campaigns across all GMDC communication channels.
Website Content and Functionality Oversight
- Create content, proof and manage the Public Area of the website utilizing a Drupal based content management platform.
- Ensure the timeliness, accuracy, and completeness of all information being communicated via the web.
- Work in conjunction with the IT Department and a third-party web developer to implement structural modification to the site with a goal to achieve optimal user-friendliness.
Social Media Management
- Manage the social media manager at GMDC’s PR agency to ensure all GMDC events, deadlines, news, blogs, etc. are properly messaged and scheduled in the social media calendar in a timely and accurate manner.
- Explore new ways to engage and identify new social networks to reach target members.
- Serve as editor for all social media content for 100% accuracy and communications alignment.
Conference On-Site Tasks
- Attend GMDC's semi-annual Marketing Conferences.
- Assist in the assembly and disassembly of various conference venues and perform basic administrative conference duties such as placing directional signs.
- Interact with conference attendees and provide general assistance.
- Conduct other conference tasks as directed by the Reports to the Research, Industry Insights & Communications or Meetings Manager.
- A passion and strong understanding of the retail industry and our association’s mission.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our association’s various types of content.
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts.
- 4-7 years of experience with email marketing, online surveys, web content development and social media management.
- A four-year degree with a focus on business communications in the digital space is essential.
Reports to the Director of Research, Industry Insights & Communications
This position requires moderate out-of-town travel (15-20 days per year).