For 45 years, GMDC has been the premier global trade association for the retail industry. We are located at the intersection of creativity and innovation – powering retailers, wholesalers, suppliers and service/solution companies to new levels of awareness and success. We are committed to connecting the next generation of consumers to the leading general merchandise, health, beauty and wellness stakeholders! Collaboration is in our DNA, and we advance industry-changing initiatives that deliver tomorrow’s trends today through dynamic – and pioneering – thought leadership.
GMDC conducts two marketing conferences per year: an HBW Marketing Conference and a GM Marketing Conference. The HBW and GM industries require connectivity on many levels and there is no better way to create this connectivity than to meet with top management from existing and potential trading partners at these Marketing Conferences. From both a time and budgetary standpoint, GMDC Marketing Conferences are The Most Productive Workdays of the Year!
A GMDC Marketing Conference is not a "booth show" but a series of pre-scheduled meetings conducted between top management from both the Retail/Wholesale and Supplier/Service sides of the membership. Meetings consist of Controlled Casual Conferences (CCCs) and Senior Executive Conferences (SECs). During appointments, delegates review a myriad of key topics including business reviews, logistical issues, operational issues, marketing plans, as well as discuss new ideas and items to grow and expand business together. In addition to the pre-scheduled meetings, members have the opportunity to network with other GMDC members in social settings that include: business sessions, Retailer focused sessions, workshops, roundtable idea exchange sessions, breakfasts, lunches, receptions and dinners.
- Cost of membership for Supplier & Service/Solution Company = $3000
- Conference registration fees are based on a per person fee for Supplier attendees.
- Cost of membership for Retail/Wholesale Company = $2500
- Conference registration fees are based on a per person fee for Retail/Wholesale participants, includes airfare and hotel stay.
Since 1993, the GMDC Education Leadership Council has published research studies designed to help our members increase sales by focusing on creating actionable consumer and business insights and strategies. Some of the more recent research available on the GMDC website includes:
- Evolution or Revolution: The Impact of Digital on Shipping & Stores
- Seasonal Best Practices, for the New World of Shopping: Part One
- Amazon in Focus: Overview
- GMDC / Nielsen GM Hierarchy: Overview
- The Changing Healthcare Scene @ Retail
- Selling Wellness Across the Entire Store
- Consumer Shopping Habits Study for Wellness and Environmentally Conscious Lifestyles
With each whitepaper, GMDC is sparking new ideas for companies to generate revenue, breaking into new markets, and highlighting business opportunities that will fuel sales growth for members.