GMDC Announces HBW16 Product Showcase Top 10 & Board Chair’s Choice Winners
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo., Oct. 13, 2016—Global Market Development Center (GMDC) announced the top 10 rated products and merchandising displays showcased at the 2016 Health Beauty Wellness (HBW16) Marketing Conference. The conference, which was held late-September and attracted nearly 600 retailers, wholesalers and suppliers, included an annual showcase whereby retailers and wholesalers selected the brands they believed would have the most consumer demand.
The HBW16 showcase included more than 170 participants as well as innovative in-store display options. Brands ranked highest with the most product interest scans included:
- Gaiam, Inc. – Gaiam Wellbeing Display
- Eos Products, LLC – eos Products Review
- Sundial Brands, LLC – Shea Moisture 2016
- Pfizer Consumer Healthcare – Advil Menstrual
- Cashco Distributers, Inc. – Cashco 4' Inline Travel & Trial Size
- Navajo Incorporated – Naturals Travel & Trial Power Wing
- Navajo Incorporated – Natural Travel & Trial Floor Display
- OraLabs, Inc. – Waterless Venus Razor
- Navajo Incorporated – Handy Solutions 2-sided Floor Display
- Tweezerman International – QVS Brand Display
“Retailers attend GMDC conferences to discover new and innovative products before they hit the market and integrate those ideas into their merchandising strategies,” said Patrick Spear, president and CEO of GMDC. ”Innovation was a major theme in San Antonio this year, and we exceeded that promise. The companies in the Top 10 showed a high level of engagement and responsiveness to meeting shopper demands and provided enhanced health, beauty and wellness solutions in their respective categories.”
GMDC Board Chair Steve Davis of Weis Markets Inc. separately named three products from the showcase as his Board Chair’s Choice during the conference. Davis selected items that will drive retail sales at their company, be among the top consumer choice at retail and have everyday use. Winners included:
- Gaiam, Inc. – Fitness & Wellness Products & Apps
- Herbacin Skincare Products – Skincare Products
- ValueMax Products – Wavertree & London Natural Product Soaps
Following the conference, GMDC and its showcase participants donated products featured at the event to Soldiers’ Angels, an organization that provides aid and comfort to the men and women in the military, their families and a growing veteran population.
The next GMDC conference, 2017 General Merchandise, will be held June 2017 in Orlando, Fla.