GMDC Announces Top Products, Donation to Harbor House of Central Florida at Health Beauty Wellness Conference
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – Leading retail industry trade association Global Market Development Center (GMDC) recently announced the top products showcased at its 2018 Health Beauty Wellness Conference (HBW18). The event brought together more than 200 retailers, wholesalers, suppliers and service companies in Orlando, Fla., from Sept. 13-17, 2018.
More than 100 innovative products and merchandising solutions were displayed at the conference’s Product Showcase, with retail and wholesale representatives scanning the entries they believe will have the most momentum in the marketplace. The 10 top-ranking HBW18 Product Showcase brands/products include:
- Global Beauty Care – Skin care products that use the most advanced technology with quality ingredients to formulate a full line of innovative beauty products.
- Australian Gold – Mineral and natural sun care products are free of chemicals and animal testing.
- Hello Products – Vegan oral care products are award-winning, thoughtful and effective.
- Chattem, Inc., a Sanofi company – Allergy Relief PDQ product is focused on providing solutions for consumer healthcare and dedicated to making a difference in patients’ daily lives.
- ValueMax Products – Bela face mask and soap products focus on enabling consumers to spend less and get more.
- The Hygenic Corp. – Biofreeze® topical pain reliever uses cryotherapy to offer temporary relief to joint and back pain.
- Tender Corporation – After Bite® Advanced Formula provides relief for bug bites.
- Pharmvista Inc. – Organic and mineral gummy products are identified unmet medical needs and use innovation and quality to address them at an economical price.
- Yes To, Inc. – Yes To acne treatment includes charcoal, salicylic acid and tomato extract to fight breakouts.
- Yes To, Inc. – Yes To hair mask provides an innovative, natural, fun and efficacious beauty solution.
In addition to the Top 10, GMDC Board Chair Tim Buskey of Intuity Medical, Inc. selected three product lines as winners of the 2018 Chairman’s Choice award:
- Jack N’ Jill Natural Kids Care – an Australian company making safe, fun, eco-friendly and kid-friendly oral and body care products like dissolvable cornstarch brush bristles.
- Sheffield Pharmaceuticals – a Connecticut-based manufacturer and supplier of store brand over-the-counter products to the largest retailers and drug store chains in the U.S. Its Dr. Sheffield’s Natural Toothpaste brand comes with an interactive, education-augmented reality app that brings its packaging to life.
- L&R Distributors, Inc. – the Universal Beauty Rack provides a front-end makeup display that allows retailers to showcase multiple brands on one rack.
Following the close of the conference’s Product Showcase, GMDC members donated products to Harbor House of Central Florida. GMDC makes it a prioritized practice to invest in a local charity in every city that welcomes its conferences. This year, both the General Merchandise and Health Beauty Wellness conferences were held in Orlando, Fla., where GMDC partnered with the organization working to prevent and eliminate domestic abuse in Central Florida.
“Our members generously donated nutrition, hygiene, pain relief, vitamin and supplement products, which will greatly help the nearly 150 women and children who find sanctuary in Harbor House of Central Florida every night,” said Patrick Spear, president and CEO of GMDC. “We’re thrilled with the success of our conference, which helped to establish and grow trading partner relationships and enhance the path to new health, beauty and wellness product discovery for retailers.”
For a comprehensive overview of GMDC’s HBW18 Conference, see the event’s digital magazine, Innovations. GMDC’s next event focused on Health & Wellness is an immersion hosted by Retail Tomorrow in Toronto, Canada, taking place Oct. 2-5, 2018, to establish and grow trading partner relationships and enhance the path to new product discovery for retailers.